HybridZ

odd old school datsun motor question (A15 / L20b)

Niku-Sama

can a cam from a pushrod A15 engine fit in the head of a L20 (probally B)?

i know some times they kept similar parts from one engine series to another and i am hoping this is one of them.

theres an ad in craigs list for a b210 fast back for $500, looks to be in decent shape but the guy was planning to take it to bonneville (says in the ad) and says he did alot of work to the motor. says he put "the biggest cam made" in it, in the pics theres a webber and some ignition upgrades, and i see a header aswell, and the ad also says it comes with 2 extra engines (A14's) an extra transmisson and extra body parts. for $500 thats not a bad deal.

i was reading some where that the a14 210's got 50 MPG

badass little econoboxes to be sure.. my uncle claims 40+ mpg out of a 3 speed auto b210 fastback.

Buy it!!! I don't understand why your camshaft swap question is at all relevant, and I doubt highly that any pushrod cam could be swapped with an OHC cam. I would be willing to bet that you could make the whole L20b work in the 210, though, and I bet you could avoid seeming much of a mileage decrease if you kept your foot out of the pedal.