HybridZ

My favorite sim. RBR

cygnusx1

Would PC rally driving be good training for real circuit/road course driving though? Particularly with an all wheel driver like that RB Rex when my real car is not.

I guess it would sharpen the reflexes but I don't fancy throwing the real car sideways on tarmac at 200 kph :D

If you want to improve your driving skills for the pavement. LFS is the way to go. I cannot emphasize how much it has helped me drive... and now I have 2 SCCA solo national championships to prove it! =)

http://www.lfs.net/

Don't bother with street tires, it will just frustrate you. Go for the lower power formula cars first.

Just go try the FREE versions of Richard Burns Rally and LFS on PC. X-box is OK but on the PC with a good system and wheel/pedals, you will get some valuable lessons. You will get your answers if you spend enough time training on them. A lot of people give up too fast on the simulators because they are "too difficult".

I predicted that EvilC would last 1:30 seconds on his first run in RBR. He lasted 30 seconds in RBR and he is one of our fastest drivers in GTR2!!