HybridZ

L26 valve stem seal installation

Someone (Daeron) tipped me off to a possible installation problem with these? The engine is newly rebuilt, I'm just replacing 3 bent intake valves, so I'll only be putting 3 new seals in. Is there anything special about the installation of these? He said he thought it might have been for a performance application only or something. Any help?

-Grant

He might be referring to the sticky in the L6 section called "Improved L6 Valve Stem Seals". In there the discussion covers the use of Felpro Viton seals meant for a Ford application and the very particular installation methods needed for their use.

He might be referring to the sticky in the L6 section called "Improved L6 Valve Stem Seals". In there the discussion covers the use of Felpro Viton seals meant for a Ford application and the very particular installation methods needed for their use.

Oh ok, so there's nothing "special" about installing the replacement seals for an L26?

• Administrators

For the OE style seals, Felpro or otherwise, just be sure they pop down fully over the guide, simple as that. For seals not designed for the L-6 but used on the L-6, that is when you need to very careful...

Someone (Daeron) tipped me off to a possible installation problem with these? The engine is newly rebuilt, I'm just replacing 3 bent intake valves, so I'll only be putting 3 new seals in. Is there anything special about the installation of these? He said he thought it might have been for a performance application only or something. Any help?

I thought you got a whole new kit, any reason that you're not replacing all of them?