HybridZ

Portland area machine shop?

skib

• Administrators
Dose not Brapp do this kind of work??

It would be cool just to meet him.

Our engine Machine service is limited to cylinder head work. Surfacing, 4-5 angle valve seats, etc. We are not set up for any block, crank, rod/piston machine work, sorry.

Bearing Service Co. is well known and reputable.

HybridZ member Phred is an engine builder, L-series savvy, not sure if owns/work at a machine shop or not. He is in the Gresham area, (EastCo?).

Our engine Machine service is limited to cylinder head work. Surfacing, 4-5 angle valve seats, etc. We are not set up for any block, crank, rod/piston machine work, sorry.

Bearing Service Co. is well known and reputable.

HybridZ member Phred is an engine builder, L-series savvy, not sure if owns/work at a machine shop or not. He is in the Gresham area, (EastCo?).

Sorry, it would still be great to meet you:icon45:

Greg: the L28et is getting a full rebuild, all of the alum. has been bead blasted and clear coated, all new pumps/fan clutch ect.

The first set up will be running the stock turbo and ecu with a FMIC and 2.5in down pipe/mandrel bent exhaust(no cat) and the 240sx throttle body with a few other little things.

Later on Ill upgrade the turbo to a T3/T4 and do porting of the head/manifolds, and build a new 3in mandrel bent exhaust from the DP back, megasquirt, EDIS and a few other top secret goodies :wink:

Greg: the L28et is getting a full rebuild, all of the alum. has been bead blasted and clear coated, all new pumps/fan clutch ect.

The first set up will be running the stock turbo and ecu with a FMIC and 2.5in down pipe/mandrel bent exhaust(no cat) and the 240sx throttle body with a few other little things.

Later on Ill upgrade the turbo to a T3/T4 and do porting of the head/manifolds, and build a new 3in mandrel bent exhaust from the DP back, megasquirt, EDIS and a few other top secret goodies :wink:

Skib,

Sounds like you're making good progress! You're ahead of me....I just got my turbo engine a month ago and have no money to do anything else except take the unneccessary stuff off of it and (hopefully) sell it. I plan to build mine up as time goes on to where I can swap it in at a later date, get all the bugs worked out and holes drilled for whatever I add, then yanking it out and restoring the car and putting it all back in.

I'd love to see your setup, especially the 240sx throttle body and what not. I need to get one of those for myself, but haven't seen one yet. I plan much the same as what you're doing for mine. Since Chris in Texas gets around 400hp at the rear wheels, I'm figuring 300hp - 400hp would be just fine and dandy for myself. With Hugh blazing a local trail for us, we should be able to learn from what he does.

We should hook up some time.

Greg