HybridZ

got into an accident

itsaprothing

got into an accident with some idiot who decided to make a right turn from the left lane and didn't see me right beside him.

He crushed the rear quarter panel bad and dented the door a little, is this a hard fix?

I see rear quarter panels for sale from victoria british and such but don't know how hard the procedure is to replace mine.

I don't know how many ways the repair can be taken, but i'm trying to avoid a body shop hammering it out, putting a generous slab of bondo over it and calling it a day.

any suggestions?

Get a replacement quarter, but understand that this is gonna lead to a lot of rust repair.

Get another door, if it looks like the damage is more than skin deep. if it's just a flesh wound, the door can likely be saved easily.

Pictures of the damage are needed to fully asses your situation.

i've done a little bodywork myself and the door I would say is kind of a "flesh wound". it's really not that bad of a crash on the rear quarter I guess size wise, but just the spot and how it looks is horrible. fires me up everytime I see it. but i'll take photos first thing in the morning, then like said, you guys could probably give me better advice.

I don't know why But I hear people getting into accidents like this all the time. Who the hell makes a right turn from the left lane? seriously.... I'd be mad as well.

Ive changed a quarter panel on an s30 and it was a weekends worth of work. If you have a welder, a cut off wheel and a spot weld drill bit you can do the job yourself. It's pretty much a cut and paist job and if your carefull with your measuring, cutting, and aligning you can make it look better than the other side.