HybridZ

pinion snubber is a good thing!

Guest scca

Guest scca

i put a new nissan diff mount in a year ago and it still looked ok... anway i noticed the top strap was really stretched so i took it off to make a new mount above.. didnt finish right away.

took my car for a drive and had to show a friend how well it launches..... BIG MISTAKE..

first launch ok

second time.. uh oh.. loud BANG.. thm= thump thump whack whatck

WTF? sounds like broken diff moount or shaft? limp home and the diff mount got ripped into 2 separate pieces - driveshaft hit the top of the tunnel and put a nice shiny spot intot the floor bottom!

so now i have a top diff mount.. similar to jumbo but i used a urethane strut isolator as the insulator

FWIW

When I was putting in the R-200 I went for the new mount and strap. I basically replaced everything that was replacable with either new rubber or urethane. I had to literally jack the car up using the front of the diff to get the bolts started in the crossmember do to the tightness of the strap. I has no movement what so ever now and all my clunks and thunks went away. Was it worth the $75, yes because of the clunks. Will it hold up to a V8? Don't know yet, but I will eventually :D

BTW, Mike: I need coil overs and struts. Can you help me out? ;)

Guest scca

good to knwo the new strap would cure the problem IF i knew it would i would have done that but was fraid to order it and then find out it isnt touching the diff

i emailed you already for the coils

You can make and install larger diameter or offset spacers that the strap wraps around to get it to tighten down on the front of the diff. These spacers fit around the two bolts that the spacer is looped through. Some poeple have been known to run two straps.

Originally posted by John Scott:

Is the solid mount from msa that objectionable?

John

I have the solid mount in my car as well as urethane bushings everywhere. IMO in my car it's not bad at all. No whining or anything although I've heard that complaint from others (shrug).

Originally posted by Jim Powers:

I have a solid MSA mount in my shed I could sell you. Had it on my 240 all of 10 minutes. I am one of the guys it didn't work for. The car was so loud it literally hurt my ears and made me feel physically ill.

Maybe your luck will be better?

Jim, You've got mail! How 'bout sending it my way?

John