HybridZ

Looking for help in the Atlanta area.

ok let me introduce myself my name is phil i call myself big phil and it is to my understanding that there is another guy on here that goes by big phil also i am not him plz dont get us mixed up. i am 19 just bought a 1971 z for 300 and drove it home needs tons of work i work at burger king i make about 300 a month i just applied at discount tire on exit 10 off 400. i am desperat for help getting this thing street legal because i also have a 99 chevy silverado and my treans just went out i have no transportation plz help get my 240z on the road. thank you big phil

• Administrators

Phil,

I changed your subject title hoping it will help find someone in your area.

Also, your post is very difficult to read. Please make an effort to capitalize & punctuate, per our rules. The more clear you are, the better the chance of someone helping you.

http://forums.hybridz.org/announcement.php?f=65&a=2

Good luck.

If the Z needs "tons" of work then it would probably be quicker and easier just to throw a tranny into your Silverado. They might be kind of pricey, but I'd start searching junkyards for that tranny.

What all does the Z need to get back on the road?

I live in Lawrenceville and could help to a certain degree. Need to know what is out of whack first off. What is preventing it from being street legal?

I'm knee deep in my 240 project, as well as a friends 77 200SX GT3 car, and another buddy's 510, but could try to help as much as time permitted.

Seriously though, you need to itemize and prioritize what items are preventing the car from being roadworthy. Being that you are on a budget, you will need to base your spending on what items are absolutely critical to your (and others) safety while on the road. Brakes come to mind here....

I have a fair collection of parts, and what I don't have, you may be able to find at a place on Buford Hwy. in Norcross called Z Car Atlanta. it is a huge Z graveyard.

Lets first find out what your needs are and we can make a plan from there. You can PM me if you wish to get in contact.

Well - that doesn't help too terribly much. Have you checked for spark and fuel? Need to start there. You may have damaged or grounded a wire to the ignition system perhaps - you won't know until you get a test light and make sure you have power going to the coil with the key in the on position.

Pull the coil wire and position it near the upper strut tower bolts. Spin the motor over with the key and check to see if there is spark arcing from the coil wire to the strut tower bolts.

Also, pull the plugs to check for fouling. If they're dark black, it's running rich and can/will potentially foul them. See if the plugs are wet and smell of fuel. That would indicate a (excess) fuel issue.

Pull the hose off the fuel pump to the carbs and place in a bucket or other catch device. Spin the motor over and see if the pump is putting out fuel.

Get back with us after these tests have been performed and keep us posted.