HybridZ

how much are l28et worth now aday?

7MGFORCE

I got my 83 zxt with 82k miles for $250 then I sold the dash and int for $500! Now I have the motor apart for a L30ET build. Finding a complete car is usually cheaper but I say $500-$600 for motor/tranny is going rate. If you can get motor/trans/DS/rear end/cv's for $700 or so, I say go for it!

i recal reading the driveline thread saying that the auto came with r180 but i guess i was wrong.

and right now theres this guy selling an engine for 250 but its "unknown" wich i dont really want to take risk at since "unknown could mean bolt on but more likely in bad shape.

and 200 for a whole car thats a steal. i guess ill wait around for that deal since i really want to get a an engine w/ bw t5 to go along.

and out of topic. i was searching and seem to run into double answer.

if i were to swap a l28et with bw t5 to a 260z with r200 will a driveshaft from 280zx make it a bolt or will i need to get the ds shorten still?

if i were to swap a l28et with bw t5 to a 260z with r200 will a driveshaft from 280zx make it a bolt or will i need to get the ds shorten still?

Some folks say you should shorten it but I used the r200 and unmodified driveshaft from the automatic car with my T5 and I still have about 1/2" compression before it bottoms out. No problems yet and I've been hammering it. Seems like a waste to go to the driveline shop unless you're having a new shaft made with 1310 joints or something :twisted:

Some folks say you should shorten it but I used the r200 and unmodified driveshaft from the automatic car with my T5 and I still have about 1/2" compression before it bottoms out. No problems yet and I've been hammering it. Seems like a waste to go to the driveline shop unless you're having a new shaft made with 1310 joints or something :twisted:

a driveshaft from an auto 280zx? or a s30?

I bought a very rough running zxt parts car for 500.00 in CA. It was missing a upper radiator hose, had overheating problems, and needed the fuel system cleaned out. On the trans side the Clutch was weak (but working) and first gear synchro is a bit weak on the downshifts. I ended up replacing the injectors, and doing the basics. Overall I think I have 900 into it. After I do the clutch and flywheel, and possibly fix first gear synchro, I believe I will be just under the 2k mark for the parts I want. I am also pulling the rear, and halfshafts. The rest will be part out.

if you are doing a conversion, I would go for the parts car. if you are keeping your induction/exhaust I would just buy an engine.

If the doner vehicle is in driving condition, as in you can swap it in and run it with no replacement parts, I feel 750.00 is worth it for a engine/trans combo. In your case it sounds worn out. I would look elsewhere, I think you can get a better engine/trans for about the same amount.

I was lucky enough to have a buddy working as a tow truck opperator, and he hauled me 2 81 280zx turbos that were left on the street for $500. I have taken one engine and rebuilt it. I found all parts needed for the rebuild by researching part numbers on rockauto.com and cross referncing the numbers with my local supplier. Rebuild cost $750 for engine internals including moly/chrome rings, forged pistons, and felpro gaskets.

I have all the components for the other l28et including rear end, trany, cv shafts, wiring and electrical. Motor is apart and looked like the piston pins were were starting to seize up but wear looked good.

I am sure it would cost to ship these items but if you were interested we could come up with something.

Merry Christmas everyone