HybridZ

LSX Fly by wire pedal questions

Guest NESS89

Hey guys i have a question. For you people using the lsx engines with the fly by wire pedal, how did you guys mount the pedal in your Z cars? i have a 240z and im not sure how to moung the electronic gas pedal? any special mounts out there or should i just make my own brakets?

Hey guys i have a question. For you people using the lsx engines with the fly by wire pedal, how did you guys mount the pedal in your Z cars? i have a 240z and im not sure how to moung the electronic gas pedal? any special mounts out there or should i just make my own brakets?

Mine has a cable, but I think some of the guys who did the electronic pedal just drilled holes in the fire wall and used nuts / bolts. Maybe a plate on the engine bay side to clamp down to.

I used a plate behind the FBW pedal to get it to the right height for heel/toe. I used two of the existing z pedal mount holes (re-drilled the pedal mount and base plate), and drilled one new hole through the firewall. I used 3 different thickness base plates before I got it where I wanted it.

Mike

I used an adaptor plate. I mount the adaptor plate to the old existing bolt holes first then mount the pedal to the plate. If I remember correctly the bolts for the adaptor plate has to be counter shunk. It was a little tricky to get the bolts in there. so no drilling in the fire wall for me.

20792600084_large.jpg

• Administrators

Hope you gents don’t mind, but I have a few questions about the GM LSx DBW.

1) How seamless is it’s function, i.e. do you notice any lag between pedal application and engine response?

2) Are you guys also using GM speed sensor in the trans?

. a.) If so, are you using the cruise control or is that not part of the GM PCM?

. b.) If so, what speedo are you using or can you use?

3) How do you know if the GM pedal assy you installed is using its full intended travel?

Hope you gents don’t mind, but I have a few questions about the GM LSx DBW.

1) How seamless is it’s function, i.e. do you notice any lag between pedal application and engine response?

2) Are you guys also using GM speed sensor in the trans?

. a) If so, are you using the cruise control or is that not part of the GM PCM?

. B) If so, what speedo are you using or can you use?

3) How do you know if the GM pedal assy you installed is using its full intended travel?

1- I think it is extremely smooth and seamless. No lag whatsoever.

2- a- Am using the GM speed sensor, not using the cruise at this time because I don't have the cancelation switches installed on the brake and clutch ( I have them and am thinking about adding them in the future as cruise would be nice).

b- I am using the stock Z speedo with the CableX box to convert to cable drive. East hook up, smooth and silent. I really wanted to keep my stock guages. I believe you can use pretty much any electronic speedo though.

3- In the GTO the gas pedal attaches to a plastic plate that has the stop built in. That attaches to the pedal assembly. I kept the plastic plate and attached that to my backing plate, so range of motion is exactly the same as it was in the GTO.

Hope that helps,

Mike

• Administrators
1- I think it is extremely smooth and seamless. No lag whatsoever.

2- a- Am using the GM speed sensor, not using the cruise at this time because I don't have the cancelation switches installed on the brake and clutch ( I have them and am thinking about adding them in the future as cruise would be nice).

b- I am using the stock Z speedo with the CableX box to convert to cable drive. East hook up, smooth and silent. I really wanted to keep my stock guages. I believe you can use pretty much any electronic speedo though.

3- In the GTO the gas pedal attaches to a plastic plate that has the stop built in. That attaches to the pedal assembly. I kept the plastic plate and attached that to my backing plate, so range of motion is exactly the same as it was in the GTO.

Hope that helps,

Mike

Excellent.

Thank you Mike.

It's explained already but to help here are a couple of images of my DBW pedal - yet to be installed. You can see the additional bracket which locates the pedal relative to the brake. If I follow Mike's instruction and simply unbolt the pedal assembly itself from that bracket (two bolts and slide upwards) I will then have the component I need. The 'stop' is contained in that component.

DBW 2_thumb.jpg

DBW 3_thumb.jpg

BDW 4_thumb.jpg

Thanks Boy from Oz for the pics. It jogs my 2 year old memory of what excactly I did. I trimmed the large bracket down, bolted that into the car with my backing plate to move the assembly up off the firewall to my taste, then just slid the pedal in and used the existing two bolts at the top.

Mike

10979_thumb.attach

10980_thumb.attach

10981_thumb.attach