HybridZ

What was your first ride???????

jasper

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a triumph spitfire with a 283 chevy 13 to 1 pistons and 2 fours with a monster blue racer cam.datsun with 561 foot pounds of torque from 406 was par for the course,lol first car 72 mach one cj 4 speed which is on the trailer in the yard waiting to get its spot back in the garage from the z,lol

I had a triumph spitfire with a 283 chevy 13 to 1 pistons and 2 fours with a monster blue racer cam.datsun with 561 foot pounds of torque from 406 was par for the course,lol first car 72 mach one cj 4 speed which is on the trailer in the yard waiting to get its spot back in the garage from the z,lol

Hope you changed out the axles on that Spitfire. Even with 90hp they snap and guess what, the hub goes with you, and the wheel too! :icon32: Happened to my dad so many times he decided to design a 1 piece half shaft so if they do break the wheel doesn't fly off. He never made too much money off them so he sold the rights to Summers Brothers.

9kxo2a.jpg

2q3x4w3.jpg

To stay on topic, my first car is the car I have. 1972 240z 3.1L :P

Mine was 1980 Toyota Celica with 20R engine for $300.00. For the 2 years i spend another $800 and then sold for for $1,100.00 In those 2 years i replaced clutch, rear shocks, alternator,brakes,tires,pitman arm,front wheel bearings,rebuild carburator, change dash and the seats, put new stereo in.

1980_toyota_celica.JPG

Borrowed from Dad:

1960 Ford Falcon Ranchero. 170 ci stright 6, 1bbl, 3-on-the-tree, rubber floor mats, bench seat, power assisted nothing. Took the tubes in the AM radio about 1 minute to warm up, but the extra heat was nice in the winter. Drove it to work about 6 months while I saved up for new tires for the Mustang. Dad was thrilled to get it back until my sister started driving, so he swapped an automatic trans for her.

Owned by me:

1966 Ford Mustang. 289 V8, 4bbl, 4 speed toploader, A/C, drum brakes, owned since 1979, still drive it, probably had every nut & bolt on and off at some point, still going. Biggest expense: INSURANCE over 30 years has cost 60X the original purchase price.