HybridZ

Pictures of my FAST 90/90 install...

Well I am quite bored being at home on sick leave and not being sick anymore. I guess that a fast recovery is a good thing in the grand scheme of things.

So yesterday I started out to install my FAST 90mm intake and 90mm TB that have been sitting on the shelf for a while. It took me two days as I got tired and had to rest and didn't make it back out till today. Needless to say it went flawless and looks great.

Old LS6 intake out

fastinstall002.jpg

FAST intake and TB on bench

fastinstall001.jpg

Intake removed and intake ports on heads taped off

fastinstall003.jpg

Removing stock valley pan bolts with short hex head bolts so intake will fit - stock grey, new black

fastinstall004.jpg

All new hex cap bolts in- also stock coolant crossover still in place (metal pipe that runs front to rear

fastinstall005.jpg

Stock LS1 coolant pipe removed LS6 coolant pipe and plugs installed. You can see the pipe at the front, it goes from one head to the other.

fastinstall006.jpg

The finished product-

Looks awesome. Haven't thrown the vette covers back on yet but I love it.

fastinstall001-1.jpg

fastinstall002-1.jpg

One project down :)

I plan to do the same thing this Spring. Yours looks great! When you started the car, was it searching for an idle? Notice any small seal leaks? Also have you read that the TB tend to stick open? Not trying to down what you did at all because I plan to do the same swap, it is just when I read other postings....people tend to hate or love the 90/90 intake and TB.

Where is your MAF?

The MAF is infront of the Rad just behind the K&N filter (my intake tubing snakes to the front of the car).

You can just see it in the picture below by the filter neck.

janaka_rad_hose1.JPG

I haven't started the car yet honestly. My battery is out of the car for the winter (and the battery is dead). So that will be a surprise for spring.

I did notice that with the 90/90 the Throttle cable angle was not great when I re-used the stock throttle cable holder (if thats the proper name, basically the black metal arm that bolts into the intake via two bolts and has two slits in it one for the throttle cable and one for the cruise control). When I installed it originally and pressed the accelerator in the car it would stick/bind a bit (my friend who helped me could hear the cable binding within the braided cover).

So what we did was remove the cable holder and bent it so that the cable was angled properly to the TB. Now it doesn't bind or stick at all when pushing the gas peddle or releasing at all. Worth the 3min to bend it. When you install yours you will notice that the angle of the stock piece on the FAST intake points downwards slightly. By bending the tab down it properly aligns the throttle cable and the TB.

Pictures are worth a 1000 words. Take a look a the last picture of the completed project and you will see that the tab nearest the intake (driverside) is ever so slightly bent straighter up than the furthest (passanger side)tab