HybridZ

S2 RB25DET COP replacement?

rayaapp2

I just changed my plugs out and found corrosion around the old plugs. I cleaned the head surface and the isolator boot on the coil packs off pretty good. I noticed that after the car came up to temp that the engine still has a miss. So I stuck my head down by the valve covers and I could hear noise around the rear cylinder COP's. I thought it was coming from either cylinder #4 or #5 so I took it back apart and cleaned the area up as best I could. This time I washed the areas with warm soapy water and a paper towel. I warmed it back up and the miss was still there. So I waited until tonight.

With the lack of light I popped the hood and looked at the coils for bleed off and there it was. # 1 and #6 both have bleed off. The car stopped missing as bad, but I can still see the spark bleeding off. Its on the driver side of the coils(exhaust side) and it looks to be bleeding to the COP rails. Both are doing the same thing.

These COP's are the S2 ones so they have built in Ignitors. Im hoping the COP case is just dirty still and the case isnt actually damaged and seeping the spark out to ground.

Does this sound like a typical COP failure or is it likely dirty? If they have failed how hard is it to get the S2 COPs?

thanks for any help

I am also having problems with the coils I believe, I can hear clicks that sound like sparks coming from the valve cover. And my power drops after 5k rpm. Also after warm up it starts missing bad.

Rayaapp2- Did you try that Flexane94? and cleaning out the coils with a dremmel?

• 2 weeks later...