HybridZ

Ignition won't turn starter - help!

All you have to do is as I described above; Get a bosch four prong style relay with a plug, get an inline fuse holder and a 30 amp fuse, install a line from the hot terminal of the battery to the "input" terminal of the relay, run the "output" of the relay to the starter solenoid spade terminal, and run the original solenoid wire to the "signal" terminal of the relay. Add a ground wire for the relay, and turn your key and drive.

If it doesn't work like that, then your problem lies in your starter, your battery, or your battery cables. But, if the screwdriver works, and you DO at least get a click when you hit the key, then chances are about 99.99999% this will work.

RedFive. I think much of this stems from old corroded wiring. If the ole screwdriver trick starts the car, then I go straight for the wires/connectors. Replace the battery cable/cables, clean all connections etc. Clean the attachement points as well... and the securing nuts/bolts. Clean Clean Clean...

Scott.