HybridZ

battery dies from ignition

You have a very worn key... the lock is probably fine... Have a new key cut to code. You'll find the key code on the passenger door lock, if it's not on a white sticker on the inside of the glovebox door. The key should only come out in the all the way counter clockwise position.

Hell, my key comes out in any position!! All the way left, middle, and all the way right!! Guess thats not a good thing. Just one more thing on the list of things to fix.

Bah!

If I had a nickel for every time I was thankful that my Z let me take me keys out whenever I wanted, I could get her painted. If I was REALLY worried about it, I took the keys and locked the doors leaving her running. Yah, I suppose the rare occasion that I actually locked the doors with it running I ran a risk of something catastrophic going wrong and not being able to jump in real quick and cut the key/pop the hood/whatever.. but nothing ever came of it, and THAT isn't a very common scenario.

Bah!

If I had a nickel for every time I was thankful that my Z let me take me keys out whenever I wanted, I could get her painted. If I was REALLY worried about it, I took the keys and locked the doors leaving her running. Yah, I suppose the rare occasion that I actually locked the doors with it running I ran a risk of something catastrophic going wrong and not being able to jump in real quick and cut the key/pop the hood/whatever.. but nothing ever came of it, and THAT isn't a very common scenario.

Haha. I know its come in handy for me a couple times as well. Also whats nice is when i'm working on my car and I just want to start it to test something but I left my key inside the house, I can just get a flathead screw driver and start it.