HybridZ

Header Identification

Xnke

Does anyone know who makes or made this header? There are no markings, and i know that OTM, back when he was on this board, had the same header. Both my header and his were found an L26, the primary tube diameter is 1.5", the secondary tube diameter is 2", and my collector will merge the 2" sections together into a 2.5" exhaust.

DSCN1724.jpg

• 1 month later...

Well, the MSA header is apparently a Pacesetter unit and does not have the 90* bend near the bottom. it's just slanted back about 30* from vertical.

There are a lot of these out there, but it seems that no one knows where they came from...

Whats the tube on the #2 runner for?

That would be used for a Heat Riser tube that pulls hot air off the exhaust and into the fresh air inlet on the air cleaners assembly.

This was used on carb cars usually and on the later SU set up for the Z version. Bell tops and bucket tops both used this heat riser set up, early bell tops had nothing, later bells had a winter/summer selector lever on the inlet snout you had to manually turn under the hood and the later bucket tops had an auto set up that did all the "hard work" for you. They were used to heat the air coming into the carb for cold starting and cold weather driving.