HybridZ

starter problems

hey everyone, my brothers car is sitting on the side of the road right now so we can use any help.

all the electrical stuff shut off on him. we noticed that the starter wire that connects the harness to the starter melted and burnt the dizzy. what would cause that wire to melt? he crimped a new wire and connected it back to the starter and the electronics came back up, now we are putting in my dizzy so we can get the care home (hopefully it will work) but i want to know if anyone else has run into this problem and how to fix it so i don't have to get a new distributor every day.

thank you

feel free to email me because it goes straight to my phone and i'm going back to the car now. email: twista240z at gmail.com

something shorted that wire which powers the solenoid either fell off the starter and hit the frame or something is badly wrong with the solenoid

The starter solenoid just engages the gear inside the start to move forward to engage the flywheel/flexplate. If the starter solenoid was the problem, then he would just hear the starter winding and no cranking. I would just replace the wire and see if thats the problem first, should be an easy fix.