HybridZ

vlsd internals in a long nose r200?

subtle_driver

if i had a 280zx 3.9 diff, and say a r200 vlsd short nose diff from a 300zx or q45; can i swap the vlsd section into the long nose somehow? can i still use the stock 4 bolt 280zx output shafts?

has anyone done this before?

What im trying to do for my 240z is end up with a drivetrain that will handle 300-400hp with easily obtained parts from the junkyard!

any ideas?

i don't have much money to work with! thanks!

Alot of the questions you have asked are already covered on this site - please try the search feature but to quickly answer a few of your questions

if i had a 280zx 3.9 diff, and say a r200 vlsd short nose diff from a 300zx or q45; can i swap the vlsd section into the long nose somehow?
Yes - but the later centres have holes for the M12 crown wheel but the 280zx will be M10 which means you need to make some spacers to take the hole down from the M12 to M10.
can i still use the stock 4 bolt 280zx output shafts?
No the VLSD needs the extra long input shaft to engage the VLSD centre - if you use the stock shafts you still have an open diff :(

These are the quick answers - search and you will find more about what you are looking for.