HybridZ

Thoughts on this? Rusty?

Alright, I figured you guys have seen it all. I bid on a late 260Z on ebay really close to me. I put a bid on it before I saw it. Surprisingly it was a winning bid. Anyway I went and looked at the car, haven't picked it up yet. In the next day or so I'm going to go tow it back. Anyway looking at it the car seems like it's in great shape. The current owner got it from North Carolina. The spare tire well was super clean, the inner and lower edges of the quarter panels were all in great shape, bottoms of doors were all really good, the frame rails at least in the engine bay looked good. The battery tray was ridiculously clean. Just a tad of surface rust. That area around the back hatch that is usually never in great shape was really clean, and the whole area around the taillights was good. I didn't pull up the floor mats to check the pans. The driver's rocker had a little bit of rust, but it wasn't bad. Anyway I looked under the car and I couldn't tell if the driver's rail was in bad shape or if it just looked bad because of the old undercoating flaking away. I grabbed two pics real quick that could have come out better.

Oh also the car is the original bronze color which makes it harder to tell.

DSC01196.jpg

DSC01197.jpg

What do you guys think?

It's hard to say, but seeing as the rest of the car was in such great shape it seems like this really shouldn't be too bad of condition.

Interior was in pretty good shape. Anyway it doesn't matter now, the owner and I came to an agreement and I ended up not buying the car. I lost money on having to pay the listing fees, but it was better off in the end. I know it's probably not a terribly hard thing to fix, but I don't have a welder or know how to weld. I'm sure I could get the mechanic I know to do it, but it's more money into something that I'd like to not have to worry about right away. Auction ended at $2500.

Interior was in pretty good shape. Anyway it doesn't matter now, the owner and I came to an agreement and I ended up not buying the car. I lost money on having to pay the listing fees, but it was better off in the end. I know it's probably not a terribly hard thing to fix, but I don't have a welder or know how to weld. I'm sure I could get the mechanic I know to do it, but it's more money into something that I'd like to not have to worry about right away. Auction ended at $2500.

The frame rail doesn't look that bad. What's wrong with the car (beside the frame rail)?