HybridZ

Double A-Arm

Its easier to swap a Nissan multilink rear cradle in because all the suspension arm points are located on the cradle. For alignment purposes all you have to do is ensure that the cradle is bolted square to the chassis, which is not hard, been there done that.

With that RX7 front end the upper inner points will have to be located on the chassis. To do that accurately will require a made up jig at least, preferably it should be done on an alignment frame. That aspect is the difficult bit.

Otherwise its potentially a worthwhile idea, go for it and report back :)

Its easier to swap a Nissan multilink rear cradle in because all the suspension arm points are located on the cradle. For alignment purposes all you have to do is ensure that the cradle is bolted square to the chassis, which is not hard, been there done that.

With that RX7 front end the upper inner points will have to be located on the chassis. To do that accurately will require a made up jig at least, preferably it should be done on an alignment frame. That aspect is the difficult bit.

Otherwise its potentially a worthwhile idea, go for it and report back :-)

Hehehehehe, :-), no this isn't for me unfortunately.............well probably not.......I do change my mind an awful lot!

I am constructing a crossmember so I can use the RX7 Series 4/5 Lower Control arms, so I guess it probably wouldnt be that big a jump to using the upper arms and struts as well, just worried that the Engineer may say yes and Rego f#ck me over, apparently they do that quite a bit in the ACT!!!

But honestly, the R32 cradle may be self contained but it is not exactly a bolt in fit, don't know what is exactly required for it to mount up under a 280zx, but a lot of meat needs hacking away underneath the S30 - then if you don't mind a 5" track increase you will have to section the cradle and glue it back together again - reckon you probably need a jig for that part!

Making a new crossmember, which is really just an extension of the old one so the TC pivots are incorporated and some mounting points for your upper a-arms does seems like it would involve a lot less work then installing an R32/S13/S14 rear end, particulary if you were able to use upper/lower control arms, spindle's, hubs and struts from the RX7,