HybridZ

miller 250a mig welder

stroked_Z

with migs, if it takes gas then yes.

Some welders are posted as being mig but are not, just flux core. way to tell is to see if it has a hose attachment.

I suggest getting a new hose/gun if you want to weld aluminum. you can use the old line, but expect to have difficulties welding a clean bead.

just bought this on ebay. think i got a good deal. does anyone know if this model will take a aluminum attachment.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200301417051&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&viewitem=

I have the identical welder, except older, and been used a bunch. You got a GREAT deal.

The good news is it will run a spool gun really well. The not so good news is the spool gun will be really expensive.

I bought the wrong spool gun off ebay. If you want it, I will sell it to you what I paid - 400 bucks US, and will guarantee it will not work on your welder.

The gun you must have has the same number of pins (10 or something????) on the half twist plug on the front of your welder.

They are spendy.