HybridZ

Engine wont run

1979280zx

PLEASE can you use some correct spelling and punctuation? I have had 6 beers in the past hour and I am doing a better job at that than you. Lets start from scrap. Does the car run at all? If so, how long? Have you checked all of your sensors? Did you install the distributor pointing in the correct direction? Turn your motor to TDC on #1 and tell us what position your distributor arm is point in.

the motor don't run. now if you hold it full throttle it try's to run.the distributor point's at the number one plug wire.now if i let the car sit for awhile an then try to start it it back fires.i rebuilt the motor an set every thing up like the chilton's said.

Just pull your distributor and turn the rotor 180° and reinstall. I turns at half the speed of the crank. Just because the rotor is lined up with #1 and the timing mark no the crank in can still be 180 out.

You can also just move the spark plug wires around 180 on the distributor cap and get the same results.