HybridZ

Holset V-band clamp

turborust

I am looking to buy the V-band clamp, that holds the exhaust turbine housing onto the rest of the turbo, from any of these holset turbos. hy35 / hx30 / hx32 / he351 So if you have a junk turbo lying around, let me know. I may also be interested in buying the exhaust turbine housing from the hy35, v clamp style only.

Guest 280ZForce

the cummins v-band clamp that come on those things are tiny and junk, they strip or break easily over time from the heat a normal gas engine produces, it wears on them quickly versus the cooler running diesels.

I recommend you get a stainless steel one from here, that's what I used...

http://www.burnsstainless.com/cgi-bin/order.py?action=add&part_number=VB-400%20Clamp

Yes, a little pricey you might think, but definitely worth it. Actually, I might have a spare 1 I could sell you for $45 shipped

I have bought one from them but the clamp is too wide to fit properly. Plus the 4 inch clamp would only work on the exhaust side for the down pipe, and the 3.5 inch clamp is just a bit to big. So I need something that is around 3 1/4 diameter and approx 18mm wide.

Guest 280ZForce

it's not to wide to clamp the downpipe to the housing, I recommend that upgrade, works great when I did it.

but now I see, you're looking for the middle clamp. Yeah, I never had to replace that one, sorry.

The best bet is to call Cummins and order it new, that way you don't get a prematurely used one that's going to crap out on you as well.

Cummins.com

the cummins v-band clamp that come on those things are tiny and junk, they strip or break easily over time from the heat a normal gas engine produces, it wears on them quickly versus the cooler running diesels.

I recommend you get a stainless steel one from here, that's what I used...

http://www.burnsstainless.com/cgi-bin/order.py?action=add&part_number=VB-400%20Clamp

Yes, a little pricey you might think, but definitely worth it. Actually, I might have a spare 1 I could sell you for $45 shipped

I broke and re welded the bolt on one of mine. I would get the upgraded one.

• 3 weeks later...

I was looking for a vband to fit my exhaust DP, I paid over $100 from the Dodge dealer for one and then a friend told me about a local store that sold air filters and such for heavy trucks that might have something like that.. I ended up driving down there and the guy took one look at my Hy35 and knew exactly what I wanted (including the part #) It was $20! Seeing I never even used the Dodge one yet I returned it and got my $100 bucks back. Perhaps you can find a local business that help you?

The store in my city is Ideal filter and supply in case you are interested.

(204) 697-4332

Looking for the V Clamp that goes right next to the oil supply and return on the center section of the turbine housing. This connects the exhaust housing to the turbine center section. I already have the 4" v clamp for the exhaust.

HolsetVClamp007.jpg

dude, I understand that... but they have vbands in MANY sizes...