HybridZ

Mounted my 36-1 Trigger setup

ZXT_bean

First I would like to Thank Derek for taking the time to make such a great bolt on setup. It worked out great!! The thread to these parts are here

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=140644

dscn0389964.jpg.xs.jpg

I used the crank pulley from my 81 zxt.

dscn0386197.jpg.xs.jpg

I soon realized that the hub adapter would not fit with the front pulley.

So only using a hack saw, I cut off 1 of the 3 pulleys. It just so happens to be that it is used for my power steering. So I will have to work some thing out for that.

dscn0387512.jpg.xs.jpgdscn0401831.jpg.xs.jpg

You notice that there is a 5 bolt pattern, well those bolts come through the other side. they hold on the first pulley. Well it just so happens that any 1 of those 5 will line up with the holes on the hub adapter. So I used 4 short bolts, and 1 longer bolt to hold the adapter from spinning.

dscn0406621.jpg.xs.jpgdscn0400417.jpg.xs.jpg

Ok, now that the hub adapter is all ready to go. Lets turn our attention to the VR sensor mount.

dscn0390487.jpg.xs.jpg

It was a bolt on part. Bolts right onto the timing cover. The only issue I had was the length of the mount. I had to use some nylon spacers to bring it out to the correct location.

dscn0392955.jpg.xs.jpg

And here is a picture of it all finished up!

dscn0407635.jpg.xs.jpg

I want to Thank Derek one more time for making some killer parts!

**edit** I have not yet clocked the sensor to the 36-1 wheel. **edit**

edis_wheel676.gif.xs.jpg

It's hell being a pioneer. Wow a hacksaw to the pulley! Your a better man than I am. You did say you'd make it work though. I guess the offset on your damper is a little different. I'm glad you were able to make it work though.

Thanks again

Derek

• Administrators

Nice work! Good to see more of you guys using EDIS-6. :2thumbs:

How much clearance do you have between the heads of the bolts for the trigger wheel adapter on the back of the damper and the front cover/oil pump? I seem to recall that being a pretty tight space.

dscn0400417.jpg.xs.jpg

Again, nice work. bgiorno.gif

It's hell being a pioneer. Wow a hacksaw to the pulley! Your a better man than I am. You did say you'd make it work though. I guess the offset on your damper is a little different. I'm glad you were able to make it work though.

Thanks again

Derek

well I was out of sawzall blades, and really didnt want to hack it up with a cut off wheel. So I had to resort to good ol fashioned man power!!

Nice work! Good to see more of you guys using EDIS-6. :2thumbs:

How much clearance do you have between the heads of the bolts for the trigger wheel adapter on the back of the damper and the front cover/oil pump? I seem to recall that being a pretty tight space.

dscn0400417.jpg.xs.jpg

Again, nice work. bgiorno.gif

well because im using an 81' crank pulley, and we all know that the 81' was the only year to use a crank trigger rather than the 82-83 which had the sensor built into the dizzy. so those 5 mounting bolts were there to hold the original trigger wheel. Id say with the trigger wheel now gone, there would be even more clearance..

picture001cv2.th.jpgpicture002gm1.th.jpg

Well I have already figured out the power steering issue. I used the power steering pulley off of my 80' N/A motor. both the water pump and the PS pulley have the same bolt pattern, and are also both the same exact size! Woo Hooo!! So in the same fashion, but instead of nylon, I will use some thing else, but I am going to be able to bolt both of the pulleys together and now I no longer have to relocate my PS pump.! All I have to do is get a little bit shorter belt.

picture003to9.th.jpg

picture004of8.th.jpg

picture006vr0.th.jpg

I'm putting together an instruction sheet for this installation. I'm running a little behind! One observation that I made is the 1/4 20 indexing bolts don't need to be in there. The torque of the crank bolt is more than enough to keep it from spinning. That's the recommendation I'll be making in the instructions after disassembling mine.

derek

• Administrators
now as for the firing order.. i think i got it right.. cly 1/6-2/5-3/4... ive made this drawing to help understand. if it is wrong please lmk! im using the ford coil pack.

Correct. :2thumbs:

Cylinders 1-6 paired to the first firing coil;

Cylinders 2-5 paired on the next firing coil;

Cylinders 3-4 paired up on the last firing coil.

Correct. :2thumbs:

Cylinders 1-6 paired to the first firing coil;

Cylinders 2-5 paired on the next firing coil;

Cylinders 3-4 paired up on the last firing coil.

awesome! now all im waiting on is i have find a 240sx TB... and I have to find the Z linkage peice from a stock TB. order some gaskets, and I should be ready to turn the key!