HybridZ

Roostmonkey's R/T mount = Smooth!

m1noel

Just got back from my first drive after installing the R/T mount from Roostmonkey. What an incredible difference. Even though I had a new diff mount and snubber belt, I had a pretty good vibration under hard acceleration. With the R/T (Thanks Ron for the design) mount, along with the stock Datsun mount, when I step on the gas the car just goes. Incredibly smooth. Anybody want to buy an almost new snubber belt?

Mike

• 8 months later...

No! The mount is pretty stiff and interlocks (internally), so it doesn't move much all. (which is shouldn't, anyway!) The force during acceleration actually goes upward, so it's actually the way it should have been built in the first place, instead a big chunk of rubber that's trying to be be torn apart every time you accelerate.

if im reading correctly, m1neol is running the stock mount with the r/t mount? the last time i had both, my car vibrated. the idea was that with the r/t on top and stock z mount on bottom, it will not go anywhere even though the rubber should absorb the vibration. someone correct me on this because i know it doesnt sound right at the same time, people say it would vibrate because it does not move up or down.

I run both the RT mount and the stock mount, the difference is I use a rubber mount up top. I think I used a mount out of a 79 Z28, but most the GM cars equipped with a Th350 would use the same mount. I don't get any odd vibrations.

In general when you replace a stock type isolator with a poly isolator, you will get increased noise/vibration transferred to the body/cab.

The movement of the diff is going to have little to do with vibration, assuming your drive line angles stay within reason, and the motion does not cause metal to metal contact that would transmit the vibration around the isolators.

When installing these things, you must be sure not to over compress the isolators. Take your time, and shim them to get the right driveline angles, and make sure the upper and lower diff mounts are not already compressed.