HybridZ

T56 Flywheel Question

GAZRNR

I have been searching the message board for the part number for the centerforce flywheel to be used with a T56 on an early (pre 85) sbc? The engine I will be using is the GM crate motor 350 HO. It looks like there are a couple of possibilities on the centerforce home page??? Also, are there any places where you can purchase the part for less than $300?

Thanks!

Guest Russ240z

Try PAW for the flywheel. I found they were the cheapest for the McLeod. The part #'s I listed in the drivetrain forum were for external balance flywheels. The standard SBC should be slightly cheaper. The PAW sales rep was very helpful. I don't have their number handy but it is in every car book out there.

Good luck.

You can't use a standard flywheel, it has to be a Centerforce one, the part # I used is 700107, 153 tooth, I got mine from Fifth Gear Performance, 2280 Cheshire Bridge rd 404-982-9959. They were a centerforce dealer, not sure if they still are. I got mine for $260 about 4 years ago.

I'm not sure that it has to be a particular brand... It just has to be designed for the pull-off clutch. So you cannot use a regular SBC style flywheel. But surely somebody other than GM and Centerforce makes the flywheel for the pull-off setup, somebody other than Centerforce probably makes the pull-off compatible flywheel for the two piece rear seal. RAM and McLeod would be good places to start.

Thanks for the input an the help with the part #. After getting your input I spoke with tech support at Centerforce to verify the PN 700107. It is the correct flywheel for my application and their price was $445...OUCH!

PAW doesn't carry the part. JEGS wants $383.99 and

Summit wants $345.99. Is this thing gold plated or what. Anyway placing my order and sorucing the parts for my conversion this winter.

Thanks again to all!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest De Schmaydee

jeffp had posted a place (on here or zcar.com)in newport beach (real nice folks)they were selling the cf dual friction (for a zcar) for $279...but couldnt get one because of the long shoremans strike...but they may have yours...s