HybridZ

240Z clutch master cyl. bore?

jt1

Anyone know the bore dia. of the 240Z clutch master cylinder? I'm thinking of a hydraulic throwout brg and trying to determine if the Datsun MC will move enough fluid to operate the throwout brg. Thanks.

John

I have a question for a friend. He runs a toyota transmission with a 20.6 mm slavecylinder adapted to a chevy 350. He has the pedal travel problem too and the pedal is not soft enough. Would a smaller 17.5 slavecylinder help or is a bigger master the only solution.

Jens, If your friend's clutch pedal is too soft (lots of pedal travel should be associated with this too), then a smaller slave cylinder will help. But your post said it was not soft enough (too hard to push). To soften up the pedal pressure he would either need a larger SC or smaller MC, but this would lengthen the amount of pedal travel to disengage the clutch. The smaller SC or larger MC will increase the pedal pressure, but reduce it's travel.

I think it's a Girling, but it seems the bolt pattern for this and many other aftermarket MCs (Tilton too) are the same. This one matched the OEM bolt pattern very well and took a minimum of work on the installation (push rod behind it took a small amount of work if I remember correctly). Yes, Datsun used a 3/4" MC in their early trucks (which is what I used before finally having to buy a new one) that I believe were circa '69-'71?