HybridZ

Spray paint removal, any ideas?

chris556452

So this morning my girlfriend and I go downstairs, get in the car, and proceed to back out of the driveway. I heard something funny under the car so I stop, get out and look underneath... Turns out theres screws under all four of my tires (now all flat) and as I'm walking around the front of the car i notice something all over the front... Any ideas on how to get it off?

IMG_0072.jpg

Yeah, I said something along the lines of holy crap too... a little more explicit though, especially since I know absolutely nobody in this town... I thought about wet sanding it, or maybe just taking it to a cheap body shop and have them try to buff it off? I've gotta pull the wheels off and get new tires first, they deflated within five minutes of running over the screws... about four in each tire.

Honestly, I've been here for about a year now, and I've had this garage for almost nine months...

I think someone has a pissed off girlfriend who got the wrong car, theres another tan town car a few garages away... My girlfriend thinks it was a female perp, so did the police...

I'm guessing the paint came off relatively easy because my car hadnt been washed in a few weeks. Either that or it was just really cheap paint.

Whoever she was she seems pretty intelligent. She was determined to leave a nice personalized message so the boyfriend could tell the police exactly who vandalized his car. Well, maybe she'll have better luck next time.

Will your insurance pay for the tires though?

Insurance wont cover the tires since I've only got liability, but I think I might be able to squeeze this one under the road hazard policy I got from discount tire :)

I might just have a hard time explaining how I got about four screws in each tire...

Don't tell and they won't ask, and they will replace them. My roommate works for discount tire, he says he's seen the weirdest things (like a spoon one time).

I don't think so, the end with the hole is wrong for a pocket knife, they would have a rounded end rather than corners rounded but basicly left square. looks more like it would fit on a ring like a set of keys than as a fold up pocket knife or multitool.