HybridZ

88 ZXT LSD good price?

Guest Russ240z

Guest Russ240z

I found a 8/87 LSD diff for $300.00

Is this a good price? It has finned cover, 120,000 miles, and they will pull it. Is it worth the price?

Thanks

Good find, :D I scored one last week as well. I got mine a tad cheaper but 3 hundred is pretty cheap in my neck of the woods.

Yes your half shafts pop right on in. I did the same thing tuesday night.

Mike

Russ240Z,

Nice score!

It's pretty simple to check. Lock one output shaft from turning. On the other output shaft, find a find a way to make a plate or something to slip over the 280Z axle that slips in the R200, and cut a 1/2" square hole in it (to take the torque wrench's 1/2" sqaure drive) or weld a nut to the center of it. Torque away until it turns, relative to the locked side axle.

Guest Russ240z

I picked up my 88 LSD yesterday. :D $312.00 with tax. I was on military duty this past week and stopped by a parts yard during lunch. I knew it was pointless to even stop since Denny411 lives near Anniston. When the parts girl said yeah we have a turbo car I almost fell out eek2.gif I know these things are hard to find. It's nice to be lucky every now and then. rockon.gif

BTW I pulled my '78 r200 stub axles and popped them into the LSD. Is that all there is to it?

Thanks.

>BTW I pulled my '78 r200 stub axles and popped

>them into the LSD. Is that all there is to it?

You will probably need to change the input (pinion) shaft flange piece of the LSD diff to match your driveshaft. Nissan made several different input shaft flanges. Just make sure you use a R200 one and not an R180 (different pinion shaft diameter).

Guest Russ240z

I copied these posts a while back that refer to the 3.70 LSD pinion flange. I believe it was Mobythevan who listed the parts. Has anyone else tried Spicer part # 2-2-1819 as an alternative? I do have the r200 3.54 flange if I have to use it. I have not built my driveline yet so I'm open to suggestions. burnout.gif

"start quote"

After talking to the local driveline place I had them order the spicer 2-2-1819 part. I'll post the results. If he can't get that part he is going to order the 2-2-1899. We'll see what fits and I'll let you guys know. The differences between these two parts seem trivial. He explained that the joint angle listed should be the maximum angle allowed for the u-joint not to bind. He wasn't sure why they listed 0 angle for the 1899 part unless there chart was missing info. Both of these parts use the 1310 series u-joint.

Bryan

--------------------

72 240z conversion in progress

Posts: 70 | From: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | 

posted July 23, 2002 10:20 AM                          

I got the 2-2-1819 part in yesterday and tried it out last night. Fits great.

--------------------

72 240z conversion in progress

Posts: 70 | From: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | 

posted July 23, 2002 09:43 PM                          

Cool! This is great info for anyone that finds a 300ZX LSD and doesn't want to swap the flange or try to find the flange that goes with the JTR spec'd flange! Of course, you'll need to clearance or remove the crossmember, but with a Ron Tyler type front diff mount that's not a problem!

Way to go!

This is FAQ material, jeromio!

"end quote"

Yes, the 2-2-1819 part fits the 300ZX pinion flange and accepts a 1310 u-joint. Before I ordered the part I used calipers to measure the pilot diameter, bolt hole size, bolt spacing, etc. Then matched all of these numbers to a suitable spicer flange. At this point I don't see any reason that it won't work, but since i haven't driven the car with it, I would hate to lead anyone down the wrong path. I think it was about $50 for the part. I would also like to hear from anyone that has used this part with the 300ZX LSD diff, just for confirmation.

Guest Anonymous

That flange adapter part # Neapco 2-2-1819 is written in my JTR manual for reference. to mate a 1310 spicer to the pinion flange of a 1987-89 300ZX Turbo LSD (important info in this realm)

Yeah, maybe I am a little dense, but is neapco and spicer the same company.

Is there any difference between

Spicer 2-2-1819

Neapco 2-2-1819

also, what is the difference between

2-2-1819

2-2-1899

and

2-2-899

?? are they all the same.

I can't find the link back to the spicer chart with all of the info. I guess for some reason i thought Neapco parts and Spicer parts were different. My bad malebitchslap.gif

Spicer, Dana, NEAPCO. All the same company as far as I can tell. The NEAPCO and Spicer name seems to be interchangable for these flange yokes.

The page to look up flange yokes is:

http://www2.dana.com/expert/wc.dll?DSD~dedsec~2~2~

Infortunately, it seems I can't find the 2-2-899-1, the 2-2-1819 or the 2-2-1899 there, only the 2-2-899

The part numbers you list are all different.

And the correct part for the JTR part is 2-2-899-1

The -1 is important as it means a larger u-joint than the 2-2-899, which is a 1210 series joint.

Guest Anonymous

The diff flange water got muddy. LOL Pete..Maybe an "N" preceeded by 2-2-1899 may find the flange. From a very quick web search Dana/Spicer is based out of Toledo, Ohio and Neapco (New England Auto Parts Co, in Pottstown , Pennsylvania and probably all owned by some multinational enterprise. At least there is a parts Number reference for a 300ZX Turbo LSD pinion flange (2-2-1819). I have the original box for the N2-2-899-1 standard variety, Neapco made in the USA

I have just heard to many stories about pinion flange swaps. Since I want to use the Ron Tyler type mount, and spicer had a compatible flange to get me to a 1310 u-joint it was a no brainer. I am still replacing rusted car, so it will be quite some time before these parts get tested out. But I did test fit the flange, and had measured everything with calipers.

Guest Anonymous

Moby.. are you saying your preliminary results are that the 2-2-1819 NEAPCO FLANGE ADAPTER fits the 300ZX LSD diff pinion for the 1310 Spicer u joint?