HybridZ

DIYautotune trigger wheel mounted

Nismo280zEd

Well I was holding out for a long time trying to find the best way to mount this thing, I finally bit the bullet went to the machine shop and had my guy do the hard work. It came out beautifully, then Derek informed me he had completed is mounting kit with sensor mount and wheels lol. Oh well.

photo.jpg

photo_001.jpg

This is how tight the tolerances where, he had .040" to play with for alignment of the screws, he also indexed them for me.

photo_002.jpg

I know the screws are long in that pic, I have shorter ones just haven't installed them yet. Won't be running the A/C anytime soon.

photo_003.jpg

Here it is all painted up and mounted.

triggerwheel.JPG

now to make the sensor mount.

I did it almost the same way but I wish I had opened up the center so I can check the main pulley bolt without removing the wheel. Did you put some locktite on the bolts?

Yeah I was actually thinking about that myself. cutting some away to get to the bolt. Locktite has not yet been applied, still mocking everything up. When it's go time I'll put some on.

wheel from DIYautotune.com VR sensor is from an 89 911 porsche. We are doing megasquirt on my fathers 911 as well and I scored two spare VR sensors form the project. I have not had time to mock up a bracket and test with a scope yet, but I'm sure it will work fine as it used to count many more teeth and more quickly on the 911.

As far as slipage, are we talking like 5 degrees or?

-Ed

Damn... thanks Olie... It is mounted to the outer that drives the A/C. It's an experiment to see how well it holds up. I really like the setups Derek is selling, in the future I might go that route, or just machine the flywheel and hide all of it.

Olie... what have you replaced it with?

-Ed

If you mounted the wheel to the outer pulley you should be fine. Its the inner one (the one that drives the alternator) that is isolated by rubber and prone to slippage. How do I know? Mine came apart :(

All_of_the_Pictures_on_the_Camera_454.jpg

Yes, the rearmost pulley is the only one suspended by rubber to soak up torsional vibration. The front of the pulley should be solid to the crank...at least that's how my double row 280Z pulley is.