HybridZ

R200 LSD flange adapter which is correct?

jeffp

Hi I was reading the post regarding the flange adapter for the R200 LSD diff. here is what I got :And the correct NEAPCO part for the JTR part is 2-2-899-1

The -1 is important as it means a larger u-joint than the 2-2-899, which is a 1210 series joint.

I bought the 2-2-899-1 part and noticed that the bolt holes are 8 mm and not 10 mm. From what I remember of the flange they have a 10 mm bolt hole.

the rest of the post said that this part # All I know is that I told the shop to order Spicer part #2-2-1819 and I got the correct flange. I never mentioned Neapco or an N part number. Good luck.

so the question is for me, does the flange have a 10 mm bolt like the 280zxt, or does it have a 8mm bolt hole to mount the falnge. Being I am putting out some good hp I want to go with the 10 mm bolt to mount the part. Any information would be appreciated.

Guest Anonymous

Does the 87-89 300 ZX Turbo lSD diff pinion flange have 8 or 10 mm bolt holes.What size bolt holes are in the standard R 200 pinion flange/the r200 turbo diff flange?? I assumed the whole intent of the 1310 u joint was for strength as opposed to a smaller size?

I just got the 2-2-899-1 part and it has 8mm bolts. I would nt even consider trying to put 500hp to that part. My stock 280zxt (83) flange has a bigger bolt pattern, and it uses 10mm bolts. I could have swarn the 300zxt had a 10mm bolt pattern also. I think I will call Nissan andget a answer that way. I dont want to getthis stuff screwed up again, and from the earlier post here they said to get one part and it would appear that it is not acceptable for my application. Oh well, never fails, every time I try to get some information it is all screwed up and I end up finding out the hard way.

If anyone can tell me the part munber of the flange that is used on the 300ZXT LSD diff let me know.

Also if anyone knows the part number of the flange adapter the is used on the 83 ZXT car I think that would be a better fit.

Both parts need to fit the 1310 spicer universal joint.

FWIW, I have used the smaller 8mm bolt flange for the entire lifespan of my hybridZ. I was quite dissappointed to find out (after fabricating an adapter for this flange) that Nissan had a larger bolt flange. With that said, the 8mm bolts have never failed (even with the bigg no-no of having the bolts threaded throughout the depth of the flange holes (instead of using long-shank bolts)

You right about your luck, I just went to spicer to look at the dimensions of the 2-2-1819 part I bought. I am at work so I can't measure anything. Both parts that would work with 1310 u-joint and R200 LSD flange, 2-2-1819 and 2-2-1899 are not in the dimension chart anymore. So I did a search on the part number and they both come up as obsolete. I am glad I ordered mine several months back. Those parts were in that chart a couple months ago, I know because I measured all dimensions on the R200 LSD flange and ordered the part that matched all of them from spicer's chart. The 2-2-1819 part matched all of the following dimensions:

Bolt diameter

bolt pattern diameter

flange overall diameter

pilot diameter

You could make the same measurements and then go to your local diff shop and ask them if they have a spicer catalog where you can look up the dimensions of 1310 series flanges. And then just hope you can still order the part or cross reference it to a Neapco flange. No guesswork if you measure everything like I did.

BTW, I already learned there are not many straight forward answers. I read on different websites that R180 halfshafts and R200 halfshafts (both u-joint) are different. The websites were very sure that you can't use R180 halfshafts with R200. Well, in my case they are the same. I only learned that after I went to the junkyard and paid $95 for a set of 1977 R200 halfshafts and then took them home to see that they are identical to the 1972 R180 halfshafts I already have. Oh well, now I have an extra set when I start breaking u-joints.

Guest Anonymous

Terry: good points on the the threaded diff bolts: luck or stregth (?) Moby: good point on the "sometimes" inter change of the R 180/200 half shafts to the differentials.Not good news on the obselete speciality flange adapters. Clarification: The 2-2-899-1 diff flange adapter is still available?????? ( I bought twp of them)

according to the drive line shop I was talking to the 2-2-1819 and the 2-2-1899 have the 10mm bolt holes, and there is a 50mm on center bolt distance. There is also anotherv flange that has a 55mm bolt hole center to center, that is also a 10mm bolt. Both of the parts have the 1.969 pilet diameter and both support the 1310 universal joint.

I was in the junk yard today and looked at a couple of cars. an 84 300zx that had the same flange as my 280ZXT car, and a 85 I think it was with 50mm bold holes center to center that was an 8mm hole.

the 2-2-899-1 flange I just bought has a 8mm bolt hole, so I am guessing it fits the smaller 300zx flanges, I cant be for sure on this as I did not measurethe pilet.

I called Nissan and tried to order the 87 300ZXT LSD flange, but they are on back order, so I am guessing they are NLA.

I was able to get a flange from a guy I sold a diff to that has the 300ZXT flange, and I am going to swap out my flange from my 280ZXT with him because that is what he is running anyway.

confusing tho, I have to admit.

I will figure this out when I get the flange from the LSD diff and go from there, I do know the 2-2-899-1 part has 8mm bolts a 2. ???" pilet and they will fit what looks like to be a standard r200 diff in a 280, but there again I cant be sure. there are just to many different variations on all the drive lines.

What I want is the 55mm bolt spacing with the 10mm mounting bolts with the spicer flange that will fit the 1310 universal joint. That would be the best setup and it will work out very well with this Tremec install and it's companion yoke out of the tranny. Thats what I am shooting for. confused2.gif

Guest Anonymous

Jeff.. the 2-2-899-1 diff flange should have the 2.25 inch pilot diameter which should be "typical" for 1970-78... later Z's may have the 2.00 diameter. Good luck on finding all the brute strength parts.