HybridZ

dizzy wiring prong question

LamboZ

I have a 280zx turbo dizzy from what i think is a 83, but i dont have the plug with the Red, White, Green, and Black wires.

So im not sure which prongs are what to use for my MSnS system.

i searched but didnt find anything on this subject.

i have a older 2.2 board. no relay board if that helps any.

thanks

You do have those colours if you have a turbo dizzy im not sure about the NA ones. I was also confused but there are those set of colours you mentioned those are the pig tail that comes of dizzy . Than theres the green , black , green/yellow and another colour that come from the efi harness.

Well I'm at my last straw with this car.

With the way things are in this country with no jobs and crap money, if something goes south with this car it goes on ebay.

Can't believe I've got over 25 grand in this car already and it hasn't ran in years nor is it 100% done.

Depressing

Well its not your tipical setup, so a lot of late night beer nights are ahead of me.

Full 4in downpipe and exhaust (turbo is relocated).

Ez-wiring harness install.

Figure out what to do about blowing trannys.

Finish intercooler mounting.

Finish frame rail notices.

Coilovers installed.

Brakes installed.

Flush all fluids.

Install line lock.

Install meth system.

Finish nitrous install.

And afew little things.

Brakes and suspension work I can finish up in less then a day, same with the intercooler sprayer and what not.

Alky system is gonna take abit as I want to make it look right.

My miller welder just broke on me the other night so I gotta order the part to fix it, so that's gonna set me back some.

Also I never tuned with meth before, and really haven't fooled with MSnS in a long long while.

Plus its just me that's doing all this, no friends to lend a hand or anything...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
so, Im looking at the wiring diagrams and how to wire it to my V3.0 board and I noticed that my wire colors dont match those on either of the diagrams (lost souls on the DIY site or Mobys excellent sticky) I have white, green, red, and black wires.

if i hold the dist in my hand, with the rotor pointing away from me and the plug facing up, the green wire is above the white wire on the left and the red wire is above the black on the right.

can anyone help thanks in advance!!

Found it!