HybridZ

New Z

B-rad

Hey folks. My name is Brad, i am 30 and live in dixon ca. I have been working on a 1975 280z 2+2 for about a year now. I have completly rebuild all the suspension, steering, and brakes. Installed new poly bushings. Well i have been doing tons of research about what motor swap is the best to do. Yesterday I just bought a L28ET from a wrecking yard for 300 bucks (complete). IT is out of a 83 so it has the HYD lifters. ( not sure what do about these yet) Well I have some questions.( i know they have been asked before, but i am asking again anyways). My goal is to have a reliable turbo engine with around 250-300 horses with all the bells and whistles( IC, Boost controller, etc,..)

1. How good is the stock internals? What s the REAL answer? I have heard to many things. I am thinking of getting forged pistons but they are expensive and i am not trying to build the fastest car out there. i want it fast and reliable.

2. What do I do about the HYD lifters? are they really that bad? They lock and act like a solid lifter anyway right?

besides all the rockie questions, I just want to say that I have read tons of great info. I have loved these cars since i was a kid and finally have one to play with. I look forward to all the great advice.

Hey I met a bunch of folks from a Z club at The Nut Tree in vacaville ca about 6 months ago. I have been wanting to get ahold of them. Does anybody have any info?

Im not going to change the intake at all just clean it up a bit. I am having a real hard time justifing the forged pistons. they are expensive. The engine is already out of the car so it's the perfect time to do the mods and i only want to do it once. I will be really pissed off if i get the engine all installed and for some reason i kill the pistons and have to rebuild because i didn't change them in the first place. I have priced it out and i can completly rebuild the block with forged pistons and rebuild the head with all new parts for around $1200. (just parts) its a good deal but times are hard.

who has the magic answer?? lol