HybridZ

Replacement Radio/Heater Bezel

YetAnotherDeveloper

i have a 72 240z and i would like a "new" radio/heater bezel. I have looked around i cant find anyone selling a new-ish one. anyone know where to get one that is not all beat up, most of the ones i see on ebay etc are in poor shape.

BTW i did try to search for this but i didnt find anything; i'm sure its been covered over and over again but i guess i just missed it.

TIA

Used is the only source that I'm aware of. On a rare occasion someone puts a NOS or refurbished up on eBay. It occurred to me to have some reproduced but the initial cost would be high and I don't know how many out here woyld actually pay $$ for a reproduced part. A friend of mine had his plastic interior pieces repaired/rechromed for his 60's Impala. The results were amazing. I've considered going that way too. You can only keep an eye open and hope for the best. I have one for my 71 in pristine condition but plan to hold on to it. I replaced it with a 73 version so I could incorporate my Vintage Air ac/heat control panel properly. That said, I'm looking for a 'very good' 73 panel myself.

Used is the only source that I'm aware of. On a rare occasion someone puts a NOS or refurbished up on eBay. It occurred to me to have some reproduced but the initial cost would be high and I don't know how many out here woyld actually pay $$ for a reproduced part. A friend of mine had his plastic interior pieces repaired/rechromed for his 60's Impala. The results were amazing. I've considered going that way too. You can only keep an eye open and hope for the best. I have one for my 71 in pristine condition but plan to hold on to it. I replaced it with a 73 version so I could incorporate my Vintage Air ac/heat control panel properly. That said, I'm looking for a 'very good' 73 panel myself.

I was 99% sure this was the case but i wanted to check and make sure someone wasnt reproducing them. I have a wild hair to make a mold and cast a few of them. I just need one in better shape then what i have to do it. :-(

I was looking at making repoductions a little while ago but I didn't seem to get much interest here in Australia, I even found a brand new in box NOS heater panel but i didn't buy it, it sold for $775AUD!!!

I think i would only need to sell a handful to make my money back... and as an added bonus i would get a nice "new" bezel.

Unless someone else is setup to knock this out quickly then i will prob give it a shot after i get a bezel worth making a mold of.

anyone?