HybridZ

wheel keeps breaking studs.

gjc5500

Any possibility the shanks are bottoming out before they completely tighten up? They can bottom out on the unthreaded portion of the stud if there is one, against the hub, or the stud can bottom out inside the shank, either by length or depth of threads inside the nut.

jt

when i had the wheel on another tire. it broke all 4 about 3 times each over a period of 6 months. I did have a problem with the shanks bottoming out before on another wheel but i use shorter lugs now. also, from that back corner i get a very bad vibration with speed and i have to keep torquing the lugs.

Did you move the wheel to the other side? Did you still break studs? You might consider having new holes drilled if you can't easily replace the wheel. I can't view 'youtube' at work so I'm flying blind here. One thing is for certain. Don't use it as it is! The next time the studs give way might be your final day above ground (or somebody elses).

The rim was bad. i decided to take a look at it a little closer. the holes were worn badly and just very loose on the shank. so im running 1 steel wheel now. i would like to get 3 more just so they match, so if you know a cheap place to get some, let me know.