HybridZ

Air Regulator

attworth

• Administrators

Tony, Download the EFI bible. It will help you grasp the various sub-systems.

The coolant hoses help keep the bi-metallic strip warm for a period of time after shutdown to help with warm re-starts. The valve will only be partially open instead of fully open (substantially faster idle isn't necessary in that case). It's a small refinement... a lot of folk delete the coolant lines for appearances.

I have a shaved 75 non-EGR intake, and I tossed the Air Regulator.

While it does look way better and there's no real problems in the summer, it sucks having to start the car when it is really cold outside.

I have to either set my idle really high [its about 700 RPM cold and 1100 warm] or keep my foot on the throttle for the first few minutes to keep it from dying.

Just letting you know, in Texas it may not be that much of a problem for you. I didn't have any issues with it until I moved up to Fayetteville and was driving it in sub 30* weather.

• Administrators
I'd like to get rid of every emissions related item on my car, but I keep reading and finding things that lead me away from that path. The intakes on these cars are just so bloody ugly. Seeing everybody's nice, clean intakes makes me happy inside.

To clarify, the air regulator has nothing to do with emissions. It's simply a fast idle device for better starting/idling with a cold engine. It's a 'nicety'.

Sometimes the clean manifolds you speak of still retain full functionality... the parts may be hidden. The air reg. doesn't HAVE to go on top of the plenum.