HybridZ

from strong blue to a weak orange spark.

Well I had the turbo conversion Z running great!, Cold starts where almost instant, revs where smooth, and she pulled great.

Anyways, I had her idling for awhile this morning while I was cleaning the garage, then shut it off, a while later I go to restart it and it doesnt want to start, it barely catches, idles for no more then 2 seconds, and VERY low, then just dies, every time, checked the spark before and after the dizzy, it was a very week spark, red/orange like.

So I know thats my problem, but I dont know why, I tried another coil I had, and a crane cam coil, new wires, cap and rotor. I checked the power lines going to the zxt ignitor which were still a good soldered connection. I also checked checked the negative wire which still had a good connection as well. The alternator is also verified to work, for what its worth, I also hooked up a charger to the battery on the crank setting to see if that would help, it didnt.

So Im stumped, the ignition system for the zxt in an s30 is sooo simple, like 2 wires simple, but my spark is still pathetic, and it was great 10 min before hand... and tips? can ignitors go out slow like this, I kinda figured they either worked or they didnt.

K so Ive been doing some searching, and learned that if my battery is drained, regardless of the fact that I have a 200amp starting charger thing hooked up to it, it may not be enough to power everything. So Im going to give the battery a good charge and then try again, I hope this works but I kind of doubt it will, I think if it didnt have enough juice the other things, like the starter, wouldnt work, but who knows.

EDIT: Just tried that, swapped out for a good battery, no better.

K so the problem kind of went away and the car started, and will start any time now, but the spark is not as strong as I would like so I will soon be rewiring the ignition harness with a thicker wire and hope that helps. Now time to figure out why the battery drains instead of charging while I drive. If I cant figure it out tomorrow expect yet another thread, sorry guys, lol.