HybridZ

JIC Magic Coilovers?

Has anyone tried modifying these and running them on a 240? My friend has a bunch of old stuff he's selling, and said I can have them dirt cheap, he'll even section the strut casing for me. Just wondering how much custom work im in for if I run these? comes with the camber plates too but im not keen on chopping up the shocktowers. Car will be a weekend warrior with occasional track. I've got some new Tokiko HP's and Eibachs already, should i just stay with those? Whole car is getting poly bushings and ST swaybars as well.

like coilovers I guess? Pretty beefy looking. Silver casings with the purple logos, red perches, gold camber plates, etc. I just don't want to start cutting up my car for something I don't think I need. But it's nice to have adjustability, super low ride height, with good results. They're mine for $100 he told me.

Not all coilovers are the same,

These are both Teins, top is from a Supra,

tein_flex_coilovers.jpg

This is from a Skyline!

SUSP08.jpg

I am sure JIC Magic probably make coilovers for more than one car........

For example,

http://shop.ebay.com/items/_W0QQ_nkwZjicQ20magicQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZR40QQ_mdoZ

So in order to know what sorts of mods you will require, need to see pics, and maybe what car they are from,

Connecting the top of the strut should be a pretty straight forward prospect, all these types of aftermarket adjustable coilovers run 63mm ID springs, so can use Z style camber plates and spring tops - but the connection of the bottom is going to cause you problems,

Which will require you to use custom lower control arms, adaption of another car's LCA's or swapping in the entire front suspension from another car, because there really isn't any other way to connect up the struts properly!

F$&k it I'll stick with my Eibachs and Tokikos. My only worry on those is people say the Eibach's leave the front sitting too high still. Whitehead here in Ontario told me I might have to chop the top 3 dead coils off to achieve that nice stance. Won't know till it's all together and sitting on the ground.