HybridZ

Webers or SU's?

Empire

I know its been asked before, but is it worth it to do the swap? My friend left me the entire kit (needs rebuild though) with the intake manifold sitting on my bench for me. Car has a 2.8 with the SU's from the 2.4 mounted on it already. I've never heard it or driven it. Is it worth swapping and rebuilding the Webers or keep the roundtop SU's?

• 2 weeks later...

I say stay with the SU's. Rebuild the Webers and sell them on ebay to generate some funds for more fun stuff. Just my $0.02.

Or keep the Webers and play with them on your combo. Rebuild kits are still readably available for those 32/36 DGV carbs. Google "weber carbs" for lots of links.

Ok so I have the option to pick up a Dual Weber setup (unknown if they are side or downdraft)... just wondering if 125$ with manifold and K&N's is a good price? I know that rebuild kits are around 20$ so it wouldn't be much to fix them up and re-sell....

(sorry about the hijack, it seems relavent.......)

there is a company called z therapy that sells parts for the su's.usually dual webers were a kit with 2 downdraft dgv progressive 2bbl with cast 90 degree elbows to bolt on to stock manifold.good for being trouble free but not good for hp use.most of the time the dgv's are jetted lean on the secondary side.i would get some good parts for the su's-i used to put zx bottem ends under early z heads and carbs-if properly tuned(air fluel ratio checked,advance curve on dizzy checked) it was a fast car.

I would stick with the SUs, I have weber DVGs on my car and am not impressed. Bought them at a wrecking yard cheap and took off my flat tops and traded them off. I would have been much further ahead if I would have put round tops on it. If I come across a set of round top SUs cheap I would buy them and get rid of the webers. Of course what I need to do is install the tripple SKs that have been sitting on my bench for the last few years.