HybridZ

Update on the TKO2 install.

jeffp

Well it is a go. I paid the man today and the tranny should be completed here in a few weeks. The shifter will fit just like the stock shifter. He is going to do the mod, make a roller pilot bearing for me and it comes with a poly trans mount, and the output yoke. I have the clutch sorted out, and that will cost me 60.00 for the correct hub. The drive line will be running the big 1310 Spicer universal joints and with the Quaife diff it should be just about bullet proof. The tranny with all the stuff and the mod is going to cost about 2700.00 shipped to me.

The next tranny, if anyone is interested will be cheaper, so you could say I have blaxed the trail for the rest of you if you want that option for your zx car. They are going to document the mod so it will be a matter of ordering the trnny and installing it.

I will have to modify the throw out bearing and open it up .015 to fit the TKO collar, but that is really not to much of a problem. I think the rest is down hill from here, but until I get the thing and start installing it I wont know for sure.

anyway just thought you might want to know there is a replacement for the T5 now and it is strong. 2thumbs.gifrockon.gif

Guest De Schmaydee

glad to hear it...i know youve done a lot of work to get this far......are you still using the r200?

what about the driveshaft (and hell!....the car!) did you have to beef up the unibody like some of the v8 guys?........s