HybridZ

a good aftermarket shifter for a T5

Guest De Schmaydee

I have owned several of the big name shifters(hurst, B&M, steeda, pro-5.0) and they are all really about the same but my personal preference out of the ones I've tried is the pro-5.0. Go to a mustang forum such as www.corral.net and look in the classifieds and you can find them all the time for $80-100. Regardless of which one you get it will be a big improvement over the stock junk.

JT

Just don't buy a new B&M with the fixed handle. If location isn't right, you have the option of unbolting the handle and modifying it to fit your driving position with the Pro-50, Hurst Billet, Hurst Comp plus, or some of the others. The early Ripper shifters were a bolt on stick. I wound up with a Hurst Comp Plus for an 83-86 Mustang for my Nissan T5. You didn't say if it was the Nissan, Ford, or GM trans. Obviosuly Ford and Nissan use the same one, but the GM shifter is different and not interchangeable.

Like I said, that's the one WITHOUT the bolt on stick. Get the Hurst (either one) or the Pro 5-0. BBK makes one and so do some others as well. You may want to go buy a Mustang mag if you have the Nissan or Ford T5 (you've still never said...) otherwise, just order one of the others from Summit.

Guest De Schmaydee

...i appreciate it guys.....i didnt know that BMM and B&M were the same thing....i have the borg-warner(ford)T-5.....i saw a steeda tri-ax shifter that looked very nice...anybody heard anything about them? thanks again....s