HybridZ

260z fuel tank ideas.

im new to the forms so any help would be helpful. Ive got a 74 260 and im not sure if the factory pickup in the tank will suck air or flow enough fuel for a sbc. I have thought about a sump in the factory tank or mounting a cell just to make sure there will be no fuel starving issues. Any ideas of what would be the best way of doing one of the two? thank you

I originally had a relatively mild 327 and found no fuel starvation issues. Since then, I've been in the middle of an engine swap, and I have built a 383 and thought the OEM fuel pickup in the tank to be to small a diameter. I can't back that up with paperwork. Hopefully someone else will chime in with the potential of the stock fuel system on the Z.

The stock pickup goes right to the bottom of the tank. I decided to cut out the top half of my tank so I could install my new pickup (-8 AN, and I bent it in the same manner of the factory pickup) and I added 5" to the sides of the tank so I could increase the volume. In hind sight, however, I would gladly trade the fabrication time in my modified tank and just put in a nice fuel cell... It would have saved me a lot of time and headache...

Cheers

Ryan~