HybridZ

S30 Console Wiring

I just started working on a 1976 280z, I decided to fill the hole that once housed the stock radio. About a day later I've removed the dual aftermarket radio harnesses wired in parallel, and all the T-splices from the wiper system, but I still have some Bond style switches (you know the kind you flip somewhat afraid of what might happen, and then when nothing does you flip it off quickly hoping nothing caught on fire :shock: ) and some wiring unaccounted for. Sorry for the crappy cell pics but its all I've got at the moment.

0309091305-1.jpg

This is of the three connectors that I'm unsure of. I assume on is for the rear defogger switch and possibly one is for the original stereo?

0309091306a-1.jpg

Finally there is a momentary on-off-on wired in to a blue Acc+, a blue/white(non continuous with connector previously mentioned), and a blue/red.

Sorry for the long winded post but I couldn't find a wiring diagram that could answer my questions. Any help with the purpose of the connectors or the reasoning behind that switch would be greatly appreciated.

six prong yellowy connector, probably hazard switch, definitely original wiring. Other yellowy conector, probably defogger switch, definitely original. Whitish three prong squared off plug, uncertain.. i can't recall one looking like that down there but it doesn't exactly look OUT of place either.

The antenna switch WAS right there, so thats a reasonable suspicion, I would investigate that possibility and let us know what you find. Do you have any of the lights and switches that belong down in that area?? I ask because the hazard switch should have been obvious if you did... (the answer to this obviously has implications on how much weight I want to put on the first half of my post now)

Thanks for the replies. I forgot to mention I have the hazard switch and both the defogger and seat belt light connected. After finding the original rear defogger switch deep beneath the seat I see that it has a red/white, green/white lead making me think it isn't the yellowish 2 pin connector but I very easily could be wrong. The antenna switch makes sense and would also explain why it does nothing, as I do not have a power antenna. After a closer inspection this is what I've found.

The rectangular six pin has white, white/black, red/blue, green/white, black, and blue wires. The Blue is Acc+, the Black is the -, while the red/blue, and green/white only go a foot with the harness and then come out with a male and female connector respectively, along with an OEM style 2pin connector of the same colors. You can see this in the background of both pictures.

The yellowish connector has a blue/yellow, and a black ground.

The T shaped connector has a blue Acc+ and a blue/white which is non continuous with the momentary switch.

Again thanks for all the help, with another few hours of multimeter probing this thing could be brought back from the land of nightmare harnesses.:willy_nil