HybridZ

Making a sand car out of a 240z.

Zdigg

I have been debating this for along time but I figured I would take this discussion to this forum...

I have a 240z who is way past her prime, her frame rails are gone, and she has been picked and parted to near oblivion by myself and others, but what she does have is.

1) solid engine, turns runs well.

2) solid transmission, shifts smooth and clean.

3) the body past the front fenders is relatively solid and easily shored up.

so here is my question to you.

If I ran a roll cage through the car and put a tube frame front end similar to a double a-arm set up on a long travel dune buggy, then do a similar long travel setup with some king coilovers on the back... do you think she would make a spanking sand car?

I think that would be awesome and should be a lot of fun. I live real close to the Grover Beach Dunes. I have been out riding in them on dirtbikes, but I always envied the guys in sand rails. Those things looked like sooooo much fun. You would definitely have your work cut out for you, but it should make a great project. Keep up us updated if you start this.

If you want a LOT of travel I would go with a cantilever setup, which would be really neat to see done. You could tie it all into the roll cage, open up the wheel wells, and get travel without a lot of lift. Hmmm I better stop now or Ill want to build something like this -.-. Two S30s is enough for now lol.

• 2 weeks later...