HybridZ

Injectors DOA

I have this LT1 (93) and in preparation for starting it I checked the injectors to see if any of them were not working. Well they all are not working. The engine has not run for about 3 years so I expected that I might have one not working but not all eight. To test them I appied 12 volts to one terminal on the injectors and the negative lead from the battery on the other terminal and there was no sound, no clicking, nothing. Does this sound right or am I testing these the wrong way. I thought that I might just try applying 24 volts tomorrow to see if I can break them loose. If not I will be needing new ones. Any body have some? 24lb

Larry

Grumpyvette. I was trying to check for stuck injectors by applying 12 volts. This worked on my 280Z injectors. They would click when the 12V was applied. I had one that was stuck but the 12V cleared it up. Shouldn't these GM injectors work the same. There is no computer involved, The injectors are unplugged. Just applying the 12V. The solenoid should work I would think.

Larry

I decided against the 24V test. I also discovered that if I put my ear real close the the injectors I can hear them clicking. I was use to the sound that my 280Z injectors made years ago when I tested them. Used a listening device ( long screw drive) and could hear all of them working. Some better than others. A little tapping and they started working better.