HybridZ

75 280 With a 2" Flange?

georgiaz

You are going to need the part off a 76 thru 83 - just make sure you get one that was mated to a manual trans - I got one off an automatic and had to go back and get one off a car with a stick. Breaking the 27mm nut loose is a challenge witout an air tools.

Good luck! ;)

Guest Carrman

That wierd flang winds up being the same as the one on the 280ZX turbo cars' R200 differentials. Allowed me to use a drive line from an '83 turbo car when I converted my 75 over to turbo.

• 1 year later...
I discovered tonight that my 280 has the 2" differential flange. I thought all 280s had the 2.25" flange. Is this unusual or is the rearend out of another year model? Anyway I'm looking for a 2.25" now.

I have a '75 too and I just discovered this on my own 15 minutes ago when I went to install my new custom made driveshaft. I never checked because of what the JTR manual says. I REALLY wish the JTR didn't list that "ALL '70-'78 Z's use the 2.25" flange". It should of definely been mentioned if you ask me.

I just completed the V8 swap (except the driveshaft) tonight. Tomorrow I was going to fire my new motor and have made an apointment with the best exhaust shop in town.

Here's the best part: There are ZERO '76-'78 manual 280z cars for at least 90 miles (I've checked for a donor R-200 is why I know).

I am pretty pissed off right now. I had two days to finish the swap before leaving for a 14 day work shift out of town and now it doesn't look like its going to happen.

Sorry for the rant.