HybridZ

1jz quesitons (Now With Free Teaser Pics!)

Meph

Sorry for the added topic but ive hit a couple snags rebuilding the motor with no instructions or manual.

1) intake and exhaust manifold torque spec?

2) I got a rebuilt water pump to go on (well its on at the moment) The guy punched out a few gaskets, one that fits between the two pieces of the pump and one that fits between the block and pump (but it blocks contact of the O ring to the water pump's surface. Is this second one necessary? (they are like a paper gasket material)

3) When installing the oil pump and rear main seal you need to coat the mating surfaces with sealant correct? I did this but tightened them down right after not really giving any item to cure/set, is this the wrong idea, and I should redo it?

4) Did the same thing with the oil pan, coating the mating surface with RTV but didn't give it time to set before installing it, redo time?

Thanks for any help.

-Meph

Use a 2jz water pump if you are going to run a fan clutch or electric fans. When you install the oil pan, you are supposed to install it with the silicone fresh so it cures to the surface. DO NOT let the silicone dry before you install the pan or else it will leak. When you do the rear main seal, remove the seal brace (I.E. the 3 bolts) and re silicone the brace before you install the new seal or else it will probably still leak.

Im mostly wondering about the application process of the silicone, are you supposed to apply it, put the parts together finger tight then torque it down after its set or torque it right after application?

I think there is directions on the tube right?

I think tube direction is to let it start to set with it figner tight then torque, but i think with the oil pan having a machined surface and recesses for the stuff it might be different. Ill fill it with oil tomorro and hope for the best. I got the motor 80% ready to go now, need to do the intake and exhaust manifold then and various lines and such.

New Question! (hoary! right?)

I got the crank pulley off my donnor engine and onto the new one with a little help from a chain strap wrench and a few feet of pipe + me on the end.

1) How will i ever get it back to 275 ft lbs (crank pully Bolt)? I got an electric impact, is my only option more or less an air gun?

2) Is there a method to prepping the oil system/pump now that its installed?

or do I just fill the crank case with oil and start manually turning it over?

3) Does anyone know where I may find an assembly drawing of the 1jz? Im mostly looking for the location of all the pipes and vacuum lines.

4) Anyone have a list of the torque specs for the 1jz or remember what the manifold are torqued to?

5) When setting the timing I lined the crank to 0, and the cams inline with with white painted ridge on the cam cover plate, is this right? as it looks every so slightly off.

6) What the trick to getting the pressure plate unhook from the input shaft of the trans? (i just unbolt it from the flywheel for now)

P.s. here are some teaser pics Im posting as pre-payment for the help :P

32417760005_large.jpg

32417760004_large.jpg

32417760003_large.jpg