HybridZ

Anyone use these projector HIDS

jay28

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has used these projector HIDS?

I bought these on a "spur of the moment" thing, not too sure how they will perform...........First thing I'll be doing is painting the chrome part black.

Hoping they will be a straight fit.

Jay

lights_thumb.jpg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa! That's one expensive spur of the moment decision. Hopefully they work out, i'm sure they'll look good if they fit.

I thought they were reasonable, the Euro against the $ is still pretty good, the seller said they will fit right in, just have to wait and see,

The light out of my standard lights is shocking so these should be better,

I got the 8000k colour instead of the 5000k

They look like they should fit fine, and allow enough room that the tire won't hit them. Those type have been discussed here in other threads, but I think you are the first to actually step up and try them.

Keep us updated on how you like them!

I would have had to see what the beam/cut off pattern looked like with them turned on, in the dark, before I put down that much coin on them though...

They look like they should fit fine, and allow enough room that the tire won't hit them. Those type have been discussed here in other threads, but I think you are the first to actually step up and try them.

Keep us updated on how you like them!

I would have had to see what the beam/cut off pattern looked like with them turned on, in the dark, before I put down that much coin on them though...

What do you mean by bean cut off point?, dont know much about HIDS to be honest

Ah right, so I guess the lines should be straight and not scattered?

What heat rated hids are you using?

your car is stunning by the way!!

Thanks! Yes, most of these "HID's" scatter light all over the place, and worse, make it very nasty for people driving toward you. If you just put any ol high powered bulb in any ol round H4 housing, you will just have a super bright orgy of light spread every which way but strait ahead of you, where it's supose to be...

It's not to do with the bulb, as much as it is to do with the projector! :redface:

Mine are plain ol Philips 85122+ D2S oem hid 4300 35w bulbs.

• 3 weeks later...

Well got my lights yesterday, I wired them up roughly to make sure they are both working and to see what the quality is like, I dont know pretty much anything about projectors and HIDS but they work!!

They are in the bodyshop now getting the chrome painted black.

One question.....the projector fits into the housing but there is nothing actually over the projector.......will I need some kind of cover over it?, the place where I bought them said I dont need anything covering the projector.

Cheers

I would get some MSA cover maybe the tinted ones or the regular clear. Since you have a stronger beam I dont think the tinted covers would effect them that much. What color is your car if its gunmetal like in the thumbnail tinted covers would look awesome in my opinion.

Well got my lights yesterday, I wired them up roughly to make sure they are both working and to see what the quality is like, I dont know pretty much anything about projectors and HIDS but they work!!

They are in the bodyshop now getting the chrome painted black.

One question.....the projector fits into the housing but there is nothing actually over the projector.......will I need some kind of cover over it?, the place where I bought them said I dont need anything covering the projector.

Cheers

I think you would be ok w/o any covers. I believe those are made to be used like that. If you want them to stay half way clean and dry, you could do like KenshinX suggested. I don't use anything right now, but on the set I'm fixing to swap to, I'm going to use a pair of the clear covers I think...

Please show us how they look on the car once you get the chance... I bet they look killer!

Well finally got the lights installed today........they look ok although I think ill got some headlight covers.

I havent had a chance to focus them properly yet, took a few pics in the garage, it will give you some idea of what they look like.

DSCF0479_thumb.JPG

DSCF0481_thumb.JPG

DSCF0482_thumb.JPG