• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jay,

Those look GREAT!!!

I am glad you like them!

We will be ordering more soon.

The black looks very nice!

I am glad you are happy with them!

Enjoy! If you have any questions regarding your order please don't hesitate to contact me: http://www.dxhid.com/contactus.htm

Thanks!

Dave!

Thanks Dave,

Yeah im happy with the end result..........turned out better than I thought they would,

If I have any questions in the future I'll let you know :mrgreen:

Cheers,

Jay

Haha, thats a good discription!!, covers have been ordered :mrgreen:

Will the covers throw the light pattern off I wonder?

When i used to have covers on an 82 280ZX i used tinted headlight covers and from what i experienced is that they made the stock lights dim. So if i ever did go out at night i usually just removed them and put them back on in the daytime.

Looks great. Cant wait to see it with the covers. I have the cheap ebay projector housings on my 280zx right now, but as I learned right after I bought them they are horrible. The stock lights just didn't cut it for me and these are a little better but those are what I was looking for from the start.

Looks really cool.

Just fyi though, the differences in the 8000K and 5000K bulbs are color and has nothing to do with the physical brightness of the lamp. HID's are meant to replicate the color of natural daylight, which natural vision reacts to better. The average color temperature of natural daylight is 5000-6000K. The higher in the spectrum it goes, the more blue the light is...the lower it goes, the more red.

So, just letting ya know that if you don't really like the blue color, you can swap them out for the 5K's and you will have the same light, it will just be less blue and more of a silver.

(Light is what I do professionally. :D )

Looks really cool.

Just fyi though, the differences in the 8000K and 5000K bulbs are color and has nothing to do with the physical brightness of the lamp. HID's are meant to replicate the color of natural daylight, which natural vision reacts to better. The average color temperature of natural daylight is 5000-6000K. The higher in the spectrum it goes, the more blue the light is...the lower it goes, the more red.

So, just letting ya know that if you don't really like the blue color, you can swap them out for the 5K's and you will have the same light, it will just be less blue and more of a silver.

(Light is what I do professionally. :D )

Not only will they be less blue, more usable light will be emitted. ;)

The lamps originally come with 5500K bulbs.

He wanted to swap them to a more blue color and asked for 8000K.

What the customer wants the customer gets ;)

Refer to post: 26

i have these in my 280zx. i got the car for free and know nothing about the car or whats been done to it. any one have a clue

IMG_0404.jpg

IMG_0424.jpg

Those are the Sylvania XP6024 older generation.

They are about $499 for ONE brand new.

For both lamps its about $999.99 brand new.

If you ever need a bulb replacement for those let me know.

Not only will they be less blue, more usable light will be emitted. ;)

The lamps originally come with 5500K bulbs.

He wanted to swap them to a more blue color and asked for 8000K.

What the customer wants the customer gets ;)

Refer to post: 26

AND provided reference. :D

I was just mentioning it as an FYI. I didn't realize that he wanted the blue color. Didn't know if it was assumed that the higher color temp meant more light...which it doesn't.

Anyway...with your posting the prices of that kit, then I think that ebay sale is a helluva deal! :D

Those are the Sylvania XP6024 older generation.

They are about $499 for ONE brand new.

For both lamps its about $999.99 brand new.

If you ever need a bulb replacement for those let me know.

$1000 for head lights thats retarded i got a real good deal since the car was free. prob better off selling them and put that money in to repairs

Looks great. Cant wait to see it with the covers. I have the cheap ebay projector housings on my 280zx right now, but as I learned right after I bought them they are horrible. The stock lights just didn't cut it for me and these are a little better but those are what I was looking for from the start.

Ferrariferg what type of lights do you have just so i know what not to buy?

They are just the projector housings that float around on ebay for like $30. I figured I could get those and and then I could get the HID ballast and bulbs later. These scatter light all over and the projector lens is a badly made fog light lens. Just avoid them. If you just want to upgrade so bulb replacement is easier then get a set of housings from MSA.

They are just the projector housings that float around on ebay for like $30. I figured I could get those and and then I could get the HID ballast and bulbs later. These scatter light all over and the projector lens is a badly made fog light lens. Just avoid them. If you just want to upgrade so bulb replacement is easier then get a set of housings from MSA.

What lights are you referring to?