HybridZ

77 280Z New Seat Ideas!!

Ok Ppl of Hybridz.org i come with a question!! what are some good seats to get that will fit/bolt right into ma S30 with little or no mods, lemme tell you my issue

So i liek the stock seats they're light as thin and i dig the fabric but there's no support for my 200lb 5'1 ass and i'd like something that can support me better. Sense i'm a bit taller i need a seat that i can tilt the front up slightly and with some lumbar support cause i sit leaned back kinda and i tend to slide down the seat. i've been debating just getting another Z seat and just re padding it up and getting new skinds thrown on it but ifi can get something adjustable with some nicer fabric i'm into it! i've got a 88 prelude with some bitchin seats and i have a 87 300ZX with alright seats would either of those fit? i know the S30 is a tight fit so i figured i'd better ask and see what all you wize men/ladies have to say on the matter lol any input is appreciated thank you!

~J

The rear of the seatwell in your 280 is 17.5" wide, vs. 20" in the 240. That limits the seats you can use (ask me how I know...LOL). I've got early 90s Miata seats in mine and they fit fine, but I'm not crazy about the fit and comfort. There is a great seat thread on this forum, probably one of the links above, but remember, most of those posts are about 240s, not your 280.

The rear of the seatwell in your 280 is 17.5" wide, vs. 20" in the 240. That limits the seats you can use (ask me how I know...LOL). I've got early 90s Miata seats in mine and they fit fine, but I'm not crazy about the fit and comfort. There is a great seat thread on this forum, probably one of the links above, but remember, most of those posts are about 240s, not your 280.

Damn you are picky! You loved them when we spent all night installing them. :)

Damn you are picky! You loved them when we spent all night installing them. :)

I know, and they look better, but....after making number of 10,000 kilometre runs to CA and back, I found they were actually harder on my old back than the rebuilt stockers. Go figure.

I don't know what i'm going to do...

My 75 280z was not a california car and it did not have the cat but the hump was still in the car. I had to move the hump out of the way with a little work and got some S2000 seats to fit. Had to make my own brackets but that was no big deal.

Finaly, someone who spells as crapy as I do.:cheers:

My 75 280z was not a california car and it did not have the cat but the hump was still in the car. I had to move the hump out of the way with a little work and got some S2000 seats to fit. Had to make my own brackets but that was no big deal.

Finaly, someone who spells as crapy as I do.:cheers:

Man, I could have sworn my mid-year 75 didnt have the hump, but I went out and looked, and sure enough there it was under the tunnel carpet. Dunno how I never noticed it before