HybridZ

EDIS help, have no spark

ZXT_bean

Ok well lets start from the beginning.

I have a trigger wheel setup purchased from derek here on the forums. basically im just trying to make sure my wiring is all correct. Ive pulled the spout plug hoping to put it into limp mode. Ive tried switching the vr sensor wires 3 times. ive plugged in 3 different edis modules.

edis6ew.gif

ive wired it per the megamanual. if I have the moduel grounded and it has power, if I pull the spout connector I should have spark during cranking correct?

ive even pulled apart the entire vr sensor wire and re-shielded it. still im having no luck. I dont know what to try next!

I have yet to even bring the MS near the car as im still trying to verify wiring and dont want to mess anything up.

How do you know you have no spark? Are you looking for it with a timing light?

Do you have access to an oscilloscope? You can troubleshoot many MS issues with an o'scope. You can find older dual trace o'scopes on eBay for less than $200. The hours you will save getting your setup to work is well worth the investment.

The first question is the polarity of the VR sensor on pins 5&6. If you are not 100% sure you have that correct you will have a hard time going much further. I am not sure what you mean by spout plug. If you don't have the MS installed yet, the unit has to be completely wired with the exception of pins 1%3. This will simulate the limp home mode. You can even hook up the MS and not hook up pin 3, this also will simulate the limp home mode. The nice thing about that is you can see if you have a tach pulse in MegaTune.

Maybe if you submit a picture or two, that may help.

well i have not gotten out the timing light as of yet.. I have an inline spark tester, and I have yet to see it light up.

by the spout connector I mean what I have circled in red.

spout.jpg

I have pins 1 and 3 wired up to my MS harness. but the unit has yet to be plugged into the car. i know i have 12v at the module, the coil and the ground capacitor. I have all 3 of my coils wired accordingly. I do have the polarity of the VR sensor wires reversed currently because i have my sensor mounted backwards. I dont know if thats going to end up being my problem or not.

CopyofDSCN0407.jpg

like I said I dont know what to do next.

I do have the polarity of the VR sensor wires reversed currently because i have my sensor mounted backwards.

There is your first problem. Unless it is wired right, nothing will work.

A bit of advice; Do not run your VR wires close to the alternator. That alternator puts out lots of electromagnetic noise.

Also im planning on using a 4 wire bosch o2 sensor. but im puzzled as how to wire it up.

two white wires, these are for the o2 heater and go to 12v+

one grey wire, this goes to ground

and one black wire, this is the signal wire to the MS

any thoughts, ive looked but havent found any specific or 100% truthful info.